How one resident near fracking got the EPA to pay attention to her air quality

Rebecca Roter’s Christmas 2014 was a doozy. On Christmas Eve, she got a rip-roaring nosebleed and then Ray, her 1-year-old dog, got sick on Christmas morning and died the next day.

At the time, Roter, 56, lived within a mile of the Williams Central Compressor Station and several shale gas well pads in Brooklyn Township, Pa., in Susquehanna County. She believes pollution from the surrounding activity made her sick. (Compressor stations are facilities that pressurize natural gas for transport through pipelines.)

http://publicsource.org/investigations/how-one-resident-near-fracking-got-epa-pay-attention-her-air-quality#.WGsGCbYrIcg

Comments are closed.